» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:38 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:34 pm

» The Defiant Darkness tries to get an Underling
by Kookio Today at 9:05 am

» Rina Ninoita vs Akemi Suki - Face Off
by Kookio Today at 8:53 am

» Yori Takibi vs. Birbie Becky - The Blazing Winds Will Rage!
by ARStudios2000 Today at 4:13 am

Who is online?
In total there are 134 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 134 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Topic: Wrestling?

+26
Gwyndolin
321Shazam
SleeperAgent94
LunarWolf
vhamelin
TiefBlau
rhapsody
LtLukas
valen311
FlameofHope
Teenwrestler
Kitten
Bluemouse
Kelsea
LARIATO
Harrier
kerflubble
Deus001
Milk
Lobo
Tatyina
Maxy
Old_Man_Tai
HighFly
Alexandra
killcarrion
30 posters

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 52 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Tatyina Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 am

OLE! zomg

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:26 am

Well, fuck everything.

My man Rusev is getting buried at Payback.

Why do I even bother continuing to watch this shit.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:45 am

Cena never loses I Quit matches. Ever.

MAYBE if by some stroke of luck, Rusev will be allowed the win. 

But Cena has a track record with these post mania rematches.

Miz beat Cena at Mania, but lost to him at Extreme Rules and in an I Quit match a month later, and after that faded into such obscurity that it took about 4 years and the talented Damien Sandow getting over that put Miz back in some kind of limelight.

Bray Wyatt DID beat Cena at Extreme Rules last year after losing at Wrestlemania, but losing to him in a last man standing match literally killed off his momentum for the rest of the year. He still hasn't fully gotten back on track.

Not counting Batista or JBL, since JBL, since Batista, while losing his Cena Trilogy, was retiring anyway. While JBL did become a bit of a top level jobber after losing his Cena matches, that was just when Cena won the belt, so its understandable. Though it was over a year later that JBL retired, and he wasn't relevant at all that last year after Cena beat him, so he might count.

Big Show didn't get a one on one match at Cena at Mania 25, and didn't face him at Backlash, but got beat by him at Mania and in two straight PPV matches after Backlash. While he didn't fall to the wayside after, thats ONLY because Chris Jericho picked him to be his tag team partner and together they made the tag title actually matter for the first time in years. (That being said, I wish they had gone with the original decision to have Kane replace the injured Edge as Jericho's partner)

Triple H also didn't lose relevancy after his two losses, but that was 2006 and he joined DX right after.

So its a mixed bag. Some guys managed to relevant, other guys didn't.

I just don't think Rusev, the way he's been booked, should be saying I Quit. At all. It goes completely against his character and its way too early. 

Like, him losing tonight was fine. He didn't get pinned, so it doesn't really hurt him. Saying "I Quit" DOES hurt him. Losing an I Quit match, historically, has been pretty much the end of a wrestler being considered a real threat. Out of 15 I Quit matches, only Triple H and Randy Orton have lost them and still managed to become main eventers and world champions again.

But I guess we'll see what happens next month.

Tonight however, was a really really good show.

Ambrose and Harper had the crowd rolling in what will be the longest match of the year with a really good street fight. Plenty of fun action and hard hits, and the decision to have them drive off and come back later was both hilarious and pretty clever, since it left you wanting more, and then delivered by giving you more a short time later. Ambrose has been reconnecting with the crowd and Harper is doing way better than people with his kind of gimmick usually do. Ambrose also finally ends his PPV losing streak almost a year after it starts.

Ziggler vs THE FIREHAWK actually had a good back and forth match up. It wasn't anything super special, but there was no flaws in it, except a botched roll up at the end. The "Kiss My Arse" thing, despite originating back in the super precious Attitude Era that everybody drools over, is stupid. It was stupid when Billy Gunn and The Rock did it in 1999, and it was stupid this year as well. Ending with FIREHAWK attacking Ziggles worked well enough and at least Ziggles got a win.

Tag Title Match was, to my surprise, really fun, which is the second time, the first being the Mania pre-show, that a tag match everybody thought would bomb did really well. The crowd was into it, and the New Day had what is probably the best match of any of their careers. New Day as a face team failed horribly, but as heels they might just work, especially if they continue to have quality matches with Kidd and Cesaro.

Cena/Rusev, while predictable (I really hate using that as a criticism.) was still fun and had the crowd behind it. Rusev losing here was fine, since it wasn't a pinfall/submission match. That being said, while this was fine, Rusev really shouldn't be losing too many matches this soon after his first pinfall loss. Saying I Quit at Payback will hurt him.

Diva's wrestled. Meh. WHY are the Bella's suddenly faces!? How is that logic!?

Reigns/Big Show was pretty much just a spot fest, but it was a really fun spot fest that, for the first time this entire year, got the crowd on Reigns side. The fact that he got CHICAGO, WWE's absolute best crowd, on his side means he is getting better, and one day might be good. The spots were really fun, the chokeslam through two tables, the spear through the barricade and announce table and flipping the table over on Show (Del Rio did it first, but Reigns did it the harder way) just made for a fun and entertaining match.

Orton vs Rollins was the worst (non diva) match on the card, and even it was still decent. Rollins and Orton did a rather old school 80's style cage match for the most part, but the crowd kinda sat on their hands because they knew nothing would actually happen until Kane got involved.

Kane's involvement was fun, chokeslamming everybody and taking an RKO. Seth RKOing Orton was a nice touch, since his Curb Stomp has apparently been banned. A question would be if the RKO being banned means Orton won via DQ since he didn't RKO Seth but Seth RKO'd him. Since the title DOESN'T change hands on a DQ, if they announced tomorrow that Rollins got DQed by using the RKO, he'd still be champ, but they might use it to give Orton a rematch at Payback.

Overall a good show, nothing really special happening, but also nothing bad happened either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:32 am

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HEELS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Actually, I have been pretty well on the Big Tits train lately. I think he's been awesome and clean both in the ring and on the mic. Like, I could watch that man belly to belly suplex people all day. It's a thing of beauty. I just wish the man would learn to wear underarmour like Ryback. I'm tired of getting blinded every time the camera shows his giant ass camel toe.

So, Russev gets buried at WM, then Buried at Extreme rules, then buried again at Payback? Cener doesn't usually take that long to bury someone. i think that's a good sign for Russev rather than a bad one.

Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 am

He didn't get buried at Mania or tonight.

Mania he had to lose, was the natural story to tell. Tonight was fine because of the match type.

Rusev actually screaming "I QUIT" however, would not be good. Nobody who loses an I Quit match comes out looking good after, especially not against Cena.

Right now its like "Rusev's tough, it took John Cena to beat him"

if he loses that match, then its "Who cares if Rusev squashed some smaller guy, Cena made him quit, Cena has his number. Cena could beat him anytime."

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 am

I personally, don't think that Russev has been buried yet, I was making a point. lolcenawins has not really been the case for Russev. usually Cena's done with whoever he's feuding with by now. I think that bodes will for the Bulgarian Russian.

Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by TiefBlau Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:12 pm

My two cents here? That was a TERRIBLE PPV. HORRIBLE. And coming off what was an incredible Wrestlemania--that's harsh.

The Ambrose/Harper match was an absolute joke. No clue what in the world they were doing out there in the ring it all just looked silly. Harper drives away and Ambrose jumps in the passenger seat? Really? So what did Harper just drive and Ambrose was like "Oh cool man I'll just let ya drive, just on the way back let me get the wheel alright?" Incredibly stupid. They then come back to a pointless hundred chair thing and only use like two of t hem--Ambrose deliberately AVOIDING all the chairs to hit his finisher.

Sheamus vs Ziggler was an OK match, ruined by what FELT like a 20 minute segment of Sheamus refusing to do what was the point of the match then rubbing Ziggler's forehead on his butt. Really pointless and drawn out end.

The tag match was actually a great match--fucked up by a TERRIBLE rollup ending that really just looked stupid and knocked the air out of everyone I was watching it with--giving EVERYONE a sour taste in the match and it spoiled the whole thing. No one likes those endings and it doesn't get a heel team heat it gets the whole match heat.

The Cena/Rusev match was fine..though they changed the rules for some reason in the middle of the match? when Cena hit that AA the lights should have reset. You can't hit three lights then give the guy your finisher and hit the last one. If that were the case EVERYONE would do that and win easily. So good, Cena cheats and everyone's cool with it.

Naomi is a fucking joke. That entrance? Seriously? I kept asking during the match why WWE decided to start joking around with the divas division. An absolute joke. The girls kept going for what WOULD be impressive moves--but always did something to make the moves look bad. I couldn't put my finger on it. I'm just glad Naomi didn't walk away the champion from a match that really it didn't even make sense for her to BE in in t he first place.

Show vs Reigns--Last man standing matches have lost their way recently. You are NOT Supposed to be able to hold the goddamn person down to win the match! Again--why doesn't everyone just stand on top of their opponent to keep them down? Also the Ref was counting way too fast and made all the moves look weak because of how quick they had to get up. AAAND I don't think can remember a match with Reigns in it that didn't have that barricade breaking spot. Also--Reigns' promo was cringeworthy as always.

Orton vs Rollins was the only match that I saw that went very well--though that cage has gotten really small has it not? Cage matches have been spoiled as well because with the cage there it felt like I was watching RAW for some reason. Nonetheless--Orton doing a pedigree was awesome--Rollins winning with an RKO was awesome.

TiefBlau

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameofHope Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:03 am

KING OF THE RING

Spoiler:
FlameofHope
FlameofHope

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:14 am

Reigns/Show was probably the number 2 match of the show. Mostly through Big Show hamming it up so hard and that every other match was booked horribly except the Tag Titles, which was booked merely badly but the in-ring stuff was done well.

If I had any faith that WWE knew what they were doing I would assume this was a deliberate to try and cultivate more faith in Reigns, who has had 3 decent to great PPV matches in a row and got to be a bright spot on a show full of stupidity.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameofHope Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:19 am

kerflubble wrote:Reigns/Show was probably the number 2 match of the show. Mostly through Big Show hamming it up so hard and that every other match was booked horribly except the Tag Titles, which was booked merely badly but the in-ring stuff was done well.

If I had any faith that WWE knew what they were doing I would assume this was a deliberate to try and cultivate more faith in Reigns, who has had 3 decent to great PPV matches in a row and got to be a bright spot on a show full of stupidity.

You mean like the WWE app vote they just pretty much announced where Orton should win by a landslide but Reigns is gonna win cuz those polls are legit.

Spoiler:
FlameofHope
FlameofHope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next