by ihateocrecolors Today at 1:26 pm

» The House That Vander Built - Abigail Le Grande vs. Kurt Vander
by Yori Yesterday at 3:56 am

» New Genesis: Kairi Kamiya vs Elliot Gemina
by Yori Yesterday at 2:02 am

» In the Den of the Beast: Fenrir vs Bulma Busujima
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 145 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 144 Guests :: 1 Bot

Diesel_Electric_Razor

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Breaking the Tension! Episode 7: Domino

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Breaking the Tension! Episode 7: Domino  - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking the Tension! Episode 7: Domino

Post by acuyra Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 am

Oh, my, Drake's skills were superb. He wasn't just working the camera, he was working Patty and working her well, and that little touch on her chin lit her skin on fire. She'd had people who were good with the questions before, but he was going far beyond that call of duty. It was like he had a script.

...actually, giving her subjects scripts wasn't the worst idea. Would cut down on the awkwardness. Something else she'd have to remember later on.

Ran moved around the ring, searching for a better angle as Patty - reluctantly, finally - let go of Drake and stepped away, giving him a full look over, just for effect. Plus, a few more looks certainly wouldn't hurt her morale "You're certainly built for glory, no argument there." She gave a quick whistle. "But let's hold off talking about the goal for a moment - right now, let's focus on the path itself. It's not been a short one. You've had quite a few matches against quite a few opponents since you debuted. Any standout opponents? Regrets? Highlights?"

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Tension! Episode 7: Domino  - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking the Tension! Episode 7: Domino

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 am

Her compliment earns a musical laugh from Domino, who was merciful enough to let her get some distance. They'll have plenty of time soon for grappling to their heart's content. As she talks, his head tilts slightly to the side. Though those bangs waft further over his eye, they're focused on her attentively.

"That's a whole new chapter, isn't it?," he offers conversationally. His posture adjusts slightly, discreetly opening himself more to the camera. "Let's see." Those eyes lift in thought, though the overall look comes off coquettish. "If you wanna talk about a standout opponent, I immediately think of a girl named Mindy Priest." His eyes lower again, flitting to Patty. "I lost that match. No shame in it, she practically killed herself toughing out of the Sterling Stretch, she earned it. Terrific athlete. She's the only one who's ever managed something like that, and that's worth some recognition. On top of that, she turned out to be just a really great person. Spent a little time with'er outside the ring - real sweetheart."

That roguish smile edges over his lips again as he narrows his eyes. "I'd say I wish'er the best, but if I ever go against her in the ring again, I've gotta put'er down. You know how it is."

Domino's expression shifts into something unreadable, though. "As for regrets, that's a little more complicated. I've lost matches in my past. They can't all be winners. But I gave'em everything I had, and I've gotten better for it. So I don't regret those. This recent match against Amy Poford, though - I won that. I won that one hard. But I regret how it ended."

He glances to the camera before refocusing his gaze soberly on Patty. "Not because of anything that happened in front of the cameras, but because it cost me a friend. Heck, maybe more. I dunno."

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm

That turned dark significantly faster than Patty would've imagined. Not a bad thing, though. That was the way of wrestling, wasn't it? Friendships were forged and broken all the times. Alliances constantly shifting. Drama, real and true and perfectly packaged for the willing consumer. And Drake was milking it so well, too. She could work with this.

Patty kept her look neutral and fair, but on the inside, she was considering possibilities. Maybe she could find Amy and get her side of the story in another interview. There was definitely some potential to stir the pot here and create a little controversy, and she'd be remiss if she didn't take advantage. Not quite what she'd planned when this all started, but she was a professional, and that meant being able to take an opportunity when it fell into her lap.

"I think I understand." She moved back to Drake as the camera zoomed in. Dramatic moment. Deep. Heartfelt. "We all have things we wish we can say that stay unsaid. But you have the floor, now, Drake. If there's anything you'd like to say to Amy, I'm sure she'd hear it and appreciate your words."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Domino shoots a significant look to the camera. He's fallen into a bit of a celebrity trap here. Divulge personal information to a potentially harmful effect to someone else, or not give the viewers everything they might want? The reason a problem arose between himself and Amy was because he actually cared what happened to her. So while she may hate him, he's having a hard time throwing her under the bus of public opinion - for better or worse.

But now that he realizes what situation he's landed in, he can turn it. Right now, all they know is that he lost a friend. That's sad. And that's not even disingenuous, it really is sad. He meant it when he lumped it in as a regret. But it's not a bad angle to work with.

"I said all I could say about it then." He turns a somber look fully to the camera, and his next words come with a little more weight, "Take care of yourself, Amy." To the casual viewer, it might seem like a brush-off. To the more astute observer, it has the undertones of something more sincere. Amy's likely the only one to truly understand what that meant. And though it truly was a sincere statement, it has that added benefit of lending to intrigue without calling anyone out! It's too vague to throw blame anywhere! Hopefully.

When Domino returns his gaze to Patty, it's with a soft smile and gentler look to his eyes. He remains physically open to the camera, though the look is intended to communicate that he's ready to move on to her next question.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 am

This was it. The money shot. The thing that would be worth mentioning in the video description. If there was one thing a veteran interviewer such as her knew how to do, it was to add a little flavor into her work and get the people talking. And this? This would have them talking around their water coolers or their DnD games or whatever wrestling nerds did for fun.

Then Domino had to ruin it by having a succinct, thoughtful response. Damn it.

Patty kept her smile on and looked accepting, but inside, things were another story. It was a small setback, but nothing she couldn't recover from. She would simply have to do a little research on Amy and keep an eye on her. The minute anything juicy popped up, she would be all over it.

"Fair enough." She swung her limbs around, warming up and getting ready for the battle. Or looking like it, anyway. That was the important things. "Let's talk about titles, shall we? You've been around a while, but suspiciously, you've been absent from the title scene. Now, though, things are changing. The world title might be in new hands, soon. King recently won the 24/7 title from the Brat Pack. A tournament will decide the new tag team champions. Do you think there's any room for you in these pictures, and if so, what would you do with gold around your waist?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:34 am

Ah, good. She's rolling with it. That's a relief.

"Suspiciously?," asks Domino with an innocent tilt of his head. "Let me tell you, I've been barking up that tree. Best I can figure is that they think I haven't paid my dues." A glance is shot again to the camera along with a mirthful smile. "Crazy, right?" Returning to Patty, he continues, "But anyone who's been keeping up with my matches will see what's up. If you can't talk'em into giving you a shot, you've gotta prove you're up for it! And once I've proven I've earned it, it'll be all the sweeter."

The mention of King gets a confused grimace.

"They're still letting that ape in the ring? I thought Tension was just running a promo with a traveling circus or something. Woof." A hand whisks through those hanging bangs. "I think of someone like King with a title, and I can't help but wonder what the people want. Some clownish freak who hides behind a mask? Or someone who's had to fight past the sneers and naysayers who'd claim he didn't belong; someone who strives to be the champion the people could respect, who they deserve?"

His right fist smacks into his left palm as his energy comes to a crescendo. "That's what I'd do with the gold! I'd be the champion the people deserve! Defend it against any challenger with the caliber of skill and talent actually worthy of the title! If a joke like King can claim to be a champ, I'd say it's time the Tension fans had someone they could be be proud of! A champion of the people!"

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:05 am

Okay, this was good. Not quite as juicy as the possible Amy controversy, but interesting all the same. Drake was making noise, and that could always draw some potential heat. On the large scale, it was good to have a guy like Domino out there, fighting hard and earning his honest pay. That was something the people could rally behind, hopefully after tweeting her latest video and standing up for their hero. Drake was likeable, skilled, and hot. A triple-threat.

Though Patty didn't care for the way Ran was getting close to him and excluding her from the shot entirely. They would have to have a long conversation about proper focus.

"Agreed!" And Patty genuinely meant that, too. She had no idea why management was so keen on setting up such people to succeed. Seemed counterproductive. "But let's take a step back for a moment. You've got great plans, Domino. But, of course, you need the tools to get there. While you do have many fans, there are people who are seeing you for the first time on Breaking the Tension!, and they might not know what to expect. So, tell us - what makes you so special? How do you stand out in Tension?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 am

Domino is aware of Ran closing in. He doesn't know the precise scope she's using, but it's his job to be aware of cameras; their presence and their angles. So no matter how Ran moves, he never leaves himself closed to the lens too long. Subtle quarter turns here and there keep a fellow out of profiling.

By this point, however, Domino's purple gaze is locked steadfast on Patty. It even warms a little when she agrees with him. He runs a hand over the back of his neck and glances away briefly. "Hah, well... here's the thing. I could talk myself up and carry on about how I bring a balance of agility, strength, and skill to electrify my opponents. I could carry on about having the determination and tenacity to never stop pushing, and never stop growing. Heck, I could even mention being a model. Those things could help me stand out, but for anyone who doesn't know me? Who's never seen me in a match? They're just words."

His hand lifts again, this time to draw his index finger delicately along Patty's jawline to the end of her chin. Domino's gaze lids to half-mast on her. "I think the fans would prefer a little demonstration. Isn't that why you're geared up, beautiful?"

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Patty put on a mirthful smile, but inside she was a tad more perturbed. She hadn't expected to dive right into the 'match' with Domino so soon, hoping to push it off with a few more questions, first. But he was calling her out, so there was really no avoiding it, now. She'd just have to roll with the punches.

...God, she hoped he didn't punch her in the face. That was her moneymaker, and she hadn't gotten around to getting it insured, yet...

"Oh, eager, aren't we?" She leaned over and gave him a weak little punch in the shoulder, before turning to the camera. "As some of my more astute fans might have noticed, I am dressed for action. That's right, folks. By popular demand, your girl, Patty O' Malley, is going to try her hand in the ring! I'm trained, rough, and ready to go, ladies and gentleman, so prepare for sparks to fly!"

Patty moved away from Domino and crouched, moving into a grappling stance as she hopped from heel to heel, her pigtails bouncing about as she looked Domino's way. "Ready for me, big boy?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Domino had actually thought that's where she was going with that particular question, so he's pleased with himself for 'catching on'. He'd be terribly disappointed to realize otherwise. But as it stands, he's visibly anxious to grapple with the brunette.

The teen slips back a step from her and deepens his stance. His hands lift, fingers spreading at the ready to receive her. Confirmation to her challenge is right on the tip of his tongue when a thought suddenly enters his mind. "What kind of rules are we workin' with here?" He'd assume standard. But he's become increasingly aware of how much the Tension audience love a bit of sensuality in their matches. And with a hot little number like Patty in the mix... "Standard rules? Hentai?" He gives her a playfully coy smile as he adds, "Extra-long pin?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next