Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 143 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 143 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

We Like To Party

+2
Lobo
Bluemouse
6 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

We Like To Party - Page 9 Empty Re: We Like To Party

Post by Toph Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 am

Showered by unexpected praise, Avery's emotions swelled. The flattery filled her with pride, there was no doubt about that. However, Ace's specific comment gave the tomboy's emotions a gentle tug. Saved Taylor at Avalanche? Those sentiments appeared to be bouncing around the AFW's halls. Of course, Ace's kindness was appreciated, but Ave wasn't quite sure how she should feel in regard to that particular view...

Crashing back to reality, Ave flustered and quickly realized Ace awaited her response, "... Oh, yeah. Um, what a bunch of goons!" Realistically, her comment probably wasn't entirely fair, but whatever. Right now, she was trying her best to not look like an idiot.

"I know who you are, by the way," Ave smiled at Ace, giving the young woman a nudge with her elbow; it was a thoroughly friendly gesture. "I was there at Avalanche. You did great!" She winced at her own words. Unfortunately, Ace had lost. That fact didn't diminish her colleague's valiant efforts in Avery's eyes, however. In an attempt to show her consideration, she quickly continued, "But yeah, you got fucking robbed... Someone should have been there to stop it."

Avery had shown up for Taylor Parker in her time of need. Why didn't she help Silver Ace as well?

It was a naive and unfair expectation, she knew. Regardless, Avery frowned, "I'm sorry."

Toph

http://afwrpg.forumotion.com/t11082-toph-s-backstage-pass#291522

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:34 am

"Heh...thanks...I appreciate it."

Ace replied, things getting a little awkward. Grabbing a small sandwich, Ace took a bite, chewing and swallowing before speaking again.

"You don't need to apologize. I should have just expected that she'd have more up her sleeve than just 5 extras I guess..."

She poured herself another shot, looking at the glass a bit as she avoided eye contact with Alaina or Avery.

"Still, must be nice for Taylor to always have people looking out for her all the time...Nice indeed..."

She said softly, before tilting her head back and drinking, shivering a bit as it burned its way down her throat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:03 am

Taylor came clomping down the stairs to rejoin the group. She knew she couldn't just blow off her own party. Everyone had come from Tokyo just to be here, some of them from Kyoto, and Cassie had been so excited about it. She couldn't be responsible for ruining anything, even though her patience was wearing thin.

Being half-drunk didn't help. Well... mostly drunk. Respectably drunk.

She drew a deep breath and eyed the nearest group of guests. She psyched herself up, and reluctantly approached Alaina, Avery, and Ace.

"Hey, guys," she said. "What's up? Haven't seen you around yet, Alaina 'n Avery. You guys having fun and junk?"

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Toph Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:04 am

Avery only wished to offer her support, but it was understandable for Ace's loss at Avalanche to be an unwelcome and touchy subject. Ace's resentful comments about Taylor, on the other hand, caught her by surprise. With consideration to the topic of their celebration, it hardly seemed appropriate for anyone to be seriously firing shots at Taylor Parker...

Verging on awkward silence, Ave finally offered a quiet laugh, "I feel like I may have missed something?"

Maybe Ace would elaborate. Maybe Avery should have insisted upon it.

Thankfully, Taylor's sudden appearance was a comforting--if perhaps ironic--diversion. "There you are!" Avery threw an arm around Taylor's shoulders with an excited grin and gave her a tight squeeze. "Dude, everything is great! Where the heck have you been hiding?"

Toph

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:08 pm

"Don't worry about i-"

Ace was cut off as Taylor showed up again, joining them at the bar. While she didn't exactly offer her a hug, she grabbed an empty shot glass and held it up for her to see, motioning to ask if she wanted another shot. Ace figured the champ could use it. She was starting to look like Ace felt.

Besides, if she refused, Ace could just take it herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:31 pm

"I been around... I just had to get some air for a second. It's been a busy couple weeks..."

Taylor nodded to Ace. By anyone's estimation, Taylor maybe should've stopped three or four drinks ago, but fuck it.

It took her a moment longer to focus on Avery, and while she couldn't muster a smile, she was friendly enough. She gave the rookie a pat on the arm. "Can't way to kick your ass in training, man. We're gonna push you. Really hard. We've got to, right? Kelly Conway isn't just going to take care of herself!" She tried to laugh, but it was empty. She knew that even if Avery beat Kelly, which was a tall order for the teenager, she'd then be facing off against her own trainer.

"At least you didn't get Gatt..." She muttered.

She sighed, and gestured toward the screen, where a blood-soaked Taylor brawled with Angel outside the ring. "I'm glad not everyone is into this shit. Fuck."

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Ace raised an eyebrow as she handed Taylor her shot. She was acting weird. Kind of bitchy.  Or maybe it was just the drink.

"I'm sure Ave can handle things. Kelly's got a good record, but she's always been known more for her big mouth and for taking every shortcut possible instead of her wrestling ability." She turned to Ave.

"Just don't get cocky. From what I've seen, Kelly does best against overconfident people that think they can plow through anybody."

She grabbed another small sandwich, turning and wincing as she saw part of Angel and Taylor's brawl, shaking her head.

"Can we go in another room or something? You lot may not care about her, but I've had enough of seeing my idol get beaten up by my friend. Hard enough watching it backstage. Having to visit her in the hospital wasn't a picnic either."

Back to top Go down

Post by Toph Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Avery's eyes lit up with excitement at the mere mention of training with Taylor. Not even the afterthought of Kelly Conway could tarnish that.

"I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'm not too worried," she lied, smiling at Ace. Of course, she was worried, but that didn't change one undeniable fact, "No matter what happens, I know Taylor has my back." With Taylor in her corner, Ave could take on world! Or, at least, she'd sure in the hell try!

"Besides, if I do win? The first thing I'm doing is tearing that stupid contract to shreds. Screw it! It would be totally worth it just to see the dumb look on Kelly's face again." Avery laughed, flashing a reckless grin. "I'm serious though. Is a piece of paper really suppose to mean something to me? If I'm getting a title shot, I want to earn it. I don't want it handed to me on a silver platter."

Having successfully spouted her naive and idealistic outlook, Avery quietly adverted her gaze with an uncomfortable smile. She had noticed a certain dourness in the mood around her, even if she didn't fully understand it. It may have been an overly ambitious thought, but--more than anything else--Ave just wanted to see both Taylor and Ace smile.

Toph

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:32 am

Taylor nodded along and was about to respond until she realized that Ace had just taken a shot at her.

She closed her mouth and narrowed her eyes. That bitch. Over confident, my ass, Taylor thought. If Ace worked half as hard and had half as much talent as Taylor did, maybe she'd understand.

"She's your idol now?" Taylor said, and threw back her shot. The burning had long since given away to the dizzy, fuzzy-headed feeling of too many shots. When the room was steady again, she smiled at Avery and put an arm around her shoulders.

"Shit, yes, I've got your back. Both of us do," she motioned back and forth between Alaina and herself. "Shit, half the people here do. All you gotta worry about is the other chick in the ring. But... dude." She tried to get serious, and focused as much as possible on not slurring her words. "You beat Kelly? That's earning a title shot. No one's gonna hand you that."

She looked back at the table and thought about pouring another shot, and then glanced at Ace. "And how the fuck would you know how much I do or don't care about Angel?"

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:41 am

"Oh yeah, Beating somebody at a high level can earn you a title shot...or if your Taylor, you can lose clean, beat some people at a lower level than you, and then be handed a free shot."

Ace said aloud, slurring a little, the shots having finally kicked in on her as she looked back at Taylor.

"Oh come on Spparks. You weren't exactly shy in talking about how you think she's trash and and how you wanted to destroy her and all that...as for how much you care...I saw her in the hospital after the match, didn't see you or the sumo paying a visit...guess you don't have to give respect to demand it."

Ace finished, pouring herself another shot and downing it, looking a bit pale and sweating a bit.

"That or Akashi is a terrible girlfriend.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next