Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 149 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 146 Guests :: 2 Bots

Cosmos, CrashTestDumbass, Yori

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Go East, Young Ninjette

2 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Go East, Young Ninjette - Page 6 Empty Re: Go East, Young Ninjette

Post by acuyra Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Even through the haze, Kozue felt more than a little...what was the word? Dickish? Yeah, that about covered it. These drinks were going to be expensive. Past the triple digits, easy. Digging deep into some poor bastards. But, hey, he'd taken Jackie's bet, right? He knew the consequences, and if the script was changed and he was the one who'd come off winning, he'd be doing the same thing. Decisions have repercussions, got to live with them.

Kozue walked after Jackie, managing to keep it together along the way. She could probably pass the straight line test if she had to, still. The backwards alphabet test, maybe not, but she wasn't even sure if cops really made you do that.

"Match?" She rubbed her shoulder as they neared the car. "Well, I don't have a match that I know about. The schedule can be a little weird with matches, you'll see. Sometimes you get notice weeks ahead, sometimes it's just like BAM!" She pummeled her palm. "Night before, just out of nowhere. But yeah, nobody's told me about a match, but I am in the Battle Royale that's coming. For some reason."

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderinSilence Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Jackie nodded as they settled into the car, and with a mild scowl of annoyance Jackie had to adjust the seat a little to reach the pedals comfortably. She shot a glance over at Kozue to warn her off saying anything smart, and started up the engine, edging out into the network of winding roads as they continued to talk.

"OK, well you know something? I'm in dire need of a sparring partner that doesn't make my skin crawl just looking at them, and you've got me all curious as to how we'd square off against each other. How about it? I'm at the gym most days anyway, doesn't have to be anything formal, consider it an open offer," Jackie said, glancing over at the other woman as she tried to gauge her reaction to the idea, "I'll even sweeten the deal and introduce to you my good friend, he'll be happy to give you a hand learning how to take on the heavyweight types," she added with a sly grin.
ThunderinSilence
ThunderinSilence

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:54 am

It was strange, but it hadn't really dawn on Kozue just how short Jackie was until right now. It wasn't like Kozue was a giant herself, but somehow Jackie seem bigger than she really. Maybe it was just her assertive, aggressive personality and the way she carried herself. Like she was a giant trapped in a little person's body.

She held up her hands at the glance, waving it off. "No jokes. Promise."
Kozue leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes, just enjoying the feel of the rumbling road beneath them. Maybe she could catch a little nap along the way. "And that'd be nice. I got this training thing coming up, now sure how it'll affect my schedule. Would be nice to hang around someone I can stand without throwing up in my mouth. Don't have too many friends in the city."

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderinSilence Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:39 pm

The combination of the low, steady rumble of the road and the alcohol seemed to be taking it out of Kozue, and Jackie could see her eyes growing heavy as they bobbed a little lower with every slow blink until they closed entirely. While she was glad she had insisted on driving, Jackie chose not to break the peace as they made their way back. It took a little longer than it had to get back, mostly due to Jackie having to remember the route in reverse off memory, but a little under twenty minutes later they arrived outside the apartment, and Jackie gave her drinking buddy a prod in the shoulder.

"Hey, we're here," she said, tossing the keys into Kozue's lap, "Come on, nap time can wait lightweight, we've got the last of your shit to cram in here."

Between the two of them, relaxed and refreshed from the break, the remaining boxes and belongings were brought down in short order and piled into the car. It was a tight squeeze, and took a little rearranging to make it work, but before long the car was fully laden and ready to go. The pair had chatted lightly about nothing in particular, more focused on getting the job done than continuing the banter as the buzz of the alcohol slowly ebbed, but the quiet moments felt comfortable rather than awkward - at least, Jackie didn't feel anything more needed to be said. When the backseat door was swung shut and the pair stood back to admire their handiwork, The Irish woman glanced over to Kozue.

"Well, guess you're all set to head off. At least you won't be cluttering up the stairs anymore," she said with a grin, "Seriously though, this was...nice. Keep that sparring offer in mind, you know where to find me."
ThunderinSilence
ThunderinSilence

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Kozue found herself drifting off as Jackie drove on to their apartment. Well, it wasn't really their apartment anymore, now was it? Kozue was moving on and moving out. Going to a new place, encountering new people, trying out new things. It was going to be, what? An adventure? Seemed like the right word for it.

She wanted it. She was looking forward to it. But a small part of her wished she could have another night with Jackie before she went off. Hell, better yet, she wished they'd met long before this. Kozue could have used a beer and an ear plenty of times before. She didn't like drinking alone, but she'd done so much of it since she came to Japan that it didn't faze her any longer.

She was snapped out of her dreary haze when Jackie tossed the keys back. "I'm up, I'm up..." She sat up with a jolt and followed Jackie back in. It was a much easier haul now that they'd had some rest time, and Kozue was glad to have the job done twice as face. The less time spent in this old place, the better.

She kicked the door shut to stuff the last of it in, leaving just enough space for her to sit. Looking out the rear view mirror would be a pain, but she'd get through to it. "Yeah." She nodded and started to make her way around the car. "Yeah, it was, wasn't it? I think I will take you up on that, sometime. Soon, even."

She made her way into the car and gave her new friend one last look. "Thanks again for the drinks and the company. It's nice having a fellow bitch." She gave her a wave and started off. "Take care of your, crazy lady. Mean that."

And with that, she was gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderinSilence Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Jackie watched the car grow more distant, thinking over what had happened. On the one hand, she'd done exactly what she'd set out to do by spending time together with Kozue. She'd sunk her talons into the girl, gotten a feel for her and what potential she might have, and all that was left was to foster that little spark of kinship she so evidently lacked in her life to ensure that if Jackie needed it, she could count on Kozue's assistance, or even gain her trust entirely. It was the start to building up the connections necessary to advance in the AFW, another step towards the top.

But another part of her, a very small part she hadn't needed to acknowledge for a very long time, had been honest when she said she'd had a good time. She hadn't had a night like that since the early days of her career, hitting the indie circuits. It left her feeling nostalgic.

She shook off the feeling quickly. She was doing this with a goal in mind, and there was little enough place for what few luxuries she allowed in her life. Turning to head back into the apartment building, the Irish woman considered her next move carefully. Perhaps it was time to pay Armando a visit...
ThunderinSilence
ThunderinSilence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6