Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

LunarWolf, Vcom7418, xalex, YumiReiko

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 155 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:33 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Brittany Luvve
#1 contender
Cecilia Northman & Death Bunny

Tag team Champions
The Black Feathers Gang
#1 contenders
???

Kawaii Champion
no champion
#1 contender
???

Hardcore Champion
Adrian Kytes
#1 contender
Silver Ace

Friction Hentai Champion
Natasha Loclear
#1 contender
Velvet Valentine

Entropy Champion
Alaina Sanders
#1 contender
Kei

Softcore Champion
Alyssa Blank
#1 contender
???

TENSION

Tension World Champion
Ami Takeuchi
#1 contender
Clyde Gastin

Tension tag team champions
White Gale (Daisuke Kamiya & Sion
#1 contender
???

Tension Hentai Champion
Valerie Von Vulpes
#1 contender
Leo Fandero

Tension 24/7 Champion
Soledad Vega
#1 contender
???

Looking for anything!

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:18 am by tehbohemian

Hey!! I'm Bohemian! I'm uhhhh new here! I've already debuted all 3 of my characters and wanted to know if you would want to include them in any storylines or start any new ones with them!

Shinobu won her debut match and is locked in a feud with Sandy White... so she is kinda tied up match wise but i'd be cool for any RPs with her

Sonic lost her debut... pretty badly... and even lost her crown! So she is up for a match or gym session or anything really! She is a much morr light hearted …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Got some people open for matches

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm by TheEditor1023

Hey guys, got some people I need matches for, if you're interested in any of them, let me know!

Remy 7000 (Yet to debut)

"Beautiful" Jack Kendrick (Yet to debut)

Ricardo Keyes

Nathan Parker

Comments: 3

Taking a short break

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:12 am by Amber Fey

Hey, I just wanted to give a quick heads up my next few days are supper busy, so I just wanted to say that I can't post until Thurday night, at which point i will do all my post, but I feel obligated to make my PPV match the number one priority. Just wanted to give a quick heads up.

Comments: 2

The Odd Couple (For Fieuline)

AFW :: Friction :: Gym

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Odd Couple (For Fieuline)

Post by acuya on Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 am

[url=http://afwrpg.informe.com/forum/the-ring-f8/katsuko-himura-vs-wild-thing-taming-the-shrew-t10179.html:3c7s71d1]Continued from here...[/url:3c7s71d1]

Lore stood in an open space she'd found at the gym, a little corner she secured for herself. Laid down some mats, got a little privacy...then stood there.

Why couldn't Lore get that match out of her head?

The woman she'd fought - Lore still hadn't bothered to learn her real name - was sticking in her head. The way she moved was so elegant, so graceful. Beautiful, Lore had to admit. She hadn't really appreciated it with her adrenaline running so high and the fever of battle coursing through her veins, but there was something admirable about the way she fought. Lore had never seen her way of fight countered so easily. She always found technique to be so bothersome and pointless. Why spend so much time figuring out how to hit when you could just hit? It seemed rudimentary. But she couldn't deny that there was something impressive about it.

She didn't feel she needed that sort of technique...but maybe she wanted a little polish. A little flair. It certainly wouldn't hurt, right?

So she was in the gym to try and see what she could incorporate, maybe learn a few of the woman's counters and throws...only it was a lot harder than it sounded on paper. Lore simply didn't have the mind for it, and her memory of the match was foggy to start with. She could remember enough to say with confidence that she was doing it wrong. Her stances were wrong. Her moves felt. Her arms felt wrong. She just had a hard time seeing the utility - her body wanted to go wild. She felt nervous standing still, like a clock with a stuck gear. Straining and creaking and yearning to start up. Like trying to speak a language she'd only heard others speak. She could mimic some moves, but it was a cheap imitation.

After about fifteen minutes of flailing and falling, she dropped on her butt and sighed, taking a moment to rest and think over the whole reason she was bothering to do this, trying to make sense of it in her head. She'd never seen anyone move like that - the only one who could teach it to her would be that woman. The woman she'd beaten bloody. Somehow, Lore doubted she would be in a charitable mood...

★★★BEHOLD MY MIGHTY ROSTER★★★

acuya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Odd Couple (For Fieuline)

Post by Guest on Mon May 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Spoiler:
Un référence sans masque pour ton plus grand plaisir:

On this trip, Katsuko mentally recited at the gym door, I think with more pain of the cherry blossom's color, Fading away, Than of my sleeves, That do not dry under the spring rains.

At the end of the match, Kat had stood, shaking, bloodied, and she had bowed. She had bowed low to the audience, low to her husband, and low to Loraine "Wild Thing" Mizrahi. And she'd held that bow--but Ms. Mizrahi didn't get to see that, did she? She was already gone.

So Katsuko went home. She recited her Norinaga and her Busho, reviewed her Buddha and made herself "sensitive." She'd talked to her husband, a little, over the dinner he made. And burned. Because he never made dinner.

The next day, she did something she almost (almost) never did: she put on her blue singlet and off-black jogging pants. Gym attire.

The gym wasn't as different from her dojo as she liked to remember. There were the same mats, the same dumbbells, the same 100-lb punchingbags. The equipment was kind of maybe higher quality, and the fighters weren't all dressed in gis.

(Plus it is, you know, free for AFW performers. Kat.)

Katsuko sighed and walked in. At first she hunched her shoulders over and kept her face down. In spite of her best attempts with dermablend makeup, ugly splotches covered her face. Her eyes, her nose, her jaw. Like smashed prunes shoved under the skin. But as she walked along and took note of the other hulking, sweaty women on the bench and on the floor, her shoulders took a looser fit. Everyone here was bruised--some worse than her.

Then she saw Wild Thing and had to catch her breath again.

(Well yes, what you expected right yes but this soon? yup, she's what we're here for I guess really? mmmmyes'myes'myes'm go. say. konichiwa. Please.)

"Hi."

Katsuko found herself drawn smiling into a tentative corner of Wild Thing's corner of the gym. Her grip was tight around her purse.

"Ehehe. Um. Wild Thing. Cooorrect?"

Last edited by 12607 on Mon May 05, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by acuya on Tue May 06, 2014 6:09 am

Standing on one leg shouldn't be this hard.

She had balance. She could move around with ease. Fight and kick and flip and roll. She should have been able to do something this pathetically simple. Just stand in a pose, like that woman had done. Like it showed in the book she'd taken out of the library and was trying her level best to imitate while she glanced down at it.

But it just. Would. Not. Work.

She would hold the pose for a few second, try some weak kick from it only to have the blow come out slow and sloppy, then nearly fall over. It wasn't effective, wasn't serviceable, and unless he opponent was prone to giggle fits, she would never do it in a fight. She couldn't imagine anyone. So how had that woman managed it?

She was so taken up that she almost didn't hear the new person calling to her - it took her a full moment to snap back to reality and turn around, looking her over. Not someone she recognized...but then, she could count all the wrestlers she knew well enough to acknowledge on sight with only one hand and maybe a finger or two. Maybe.

"Oh, hi." She scratched her head and turned all the way around. Should she bow? Did the Japanese always bow? It was like a handshake, wasn't it? But then, people didn't always shake hands, either. So. "Loraine, but everyone calls me Lore."

And by 'everyone' she meant 'just my father, since he's pretty much the only person I know'.

acuya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 20, 2014 9:37 am

Katsuko had found Lore on her rump. Then her rival decided to stand on one foot, for some reason--and seemed to find it intensely difficult. In a way, it vaguely resembled a crane stance. Vaguely. In those rare moments in which she wasn't wobbling.

Although this was the girl who had crushed Kat summarily, who walked away without so much as looking her in the eye, who could no longer be regarded as anything but Kat's superior, Katsuko's inner sensei went automatically to work. With an air of exasperation. Straighten your back! Lift your leg higher--do not turn your eyes down to look at that...book...

Book?

The book puzzled her, and kept her puzzling when Loraine had turned all the way around and started talking.

"Oh..." Kat looked up (and remembered, shyly, to smile). She folded her arms. "Lore?... I think I prefer Wild Thing. It has flair. Flair is a very fine thing to have. But--Um."

Katsuko bowed. While she was bent over, she took the opportunity to glance over the contents of Lore's book. The title was in large, bold Kanji across the top of the pages. It translated roughly to Autumn Wind: Martial Arts in the Japanese Style, From Judo to Aikido

"I'm sorry to interrupt your practice," Kat murmured, "You see, I saw your match the other evening, and then I saw you. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to express my admiration."

Last edited by 12607 on Tue May 20, 2014 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by acuya on Tue May 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Lore couldn't exactly say why, but she got the distinct, unerring feeling that this woman was silently evaluating her. Something about the way she looked, the way her gaze fell. There was some understanding there. And the eyes themselves were awfully familiar...

Before she could really think about it, though, the woman's stare fell down to her book, the one Lore was awkwardly trying to work from, and failing spectacularly at emulating. It was more than a little embarrassing to have the way the stance were supposed to look so properly displayed, and Lore dropped from her stance and turned the page, pretending to be advancing through the book.

"Really? You really like the name?" Her head popped up at that - someone in the back had chosen it for her, she never gave it much thought. Just a little joke. "Well...thanks." She couldn't help but blush a little, and it became worse as the woman heaped on some praise. Come to think of it...yes, yes, this was the first time Lore had ever received a compliment from someone who wasn't her father. It was a new thing. A nice thing.

She shot up, allowing herself to look a bit proud. She had a fan, it felt earned. "Thanks, thanks!" She decided to throw caution to the wind and just bowed her way, culture be damned. "You can call me that if you like, I don't mind. What's your name?"

acuya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 20, 2014 11:03 pm

"Thank you, Wild Thing. My name is Katie." It wasn't an outright lie. Katsuko could be anglicized Katie. If you felt the need to do that sort of thing.

...She had not expected that Wild Thing would be the sort of person to blush under compliments. If someone had asked her yesterday to imagine Wild Thing's personality under praise-wise strain, well. She would have imagined arrogance. Cold, icy eyes that would take the polite gesture with a nod at best. More likely with a sneer.

And what the hell did she think she was doing toying around with a crane pose? Even karatekas rarely brought out that decorative one-legged stance--it was good for bow-stance transitions, which is to say, it was good for ritual dancing. And looking cool in movies. She might as well been trying to learn to pirouette.

(Wild Thing as a ballerina. Now there was an interesting image...)

"If I may be so forward..."

Katsuko stopped. She wrinkled her forehead and squinted at the book.

She just... didn't feel angry. She didn't think. Damn it though, a little anger would have been nice. A little anger would have been infinitely more comfortable than... whatever she was feeling.

"Well. So this is how you train, is it? It's not what I imagined. Not...at...all..."

Last edited by 12607 on Tue May 20, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by acuya on Wed May 21, 2014 7:30 am

"Hello, Katie." That was a pretty name, though Lore was a bit surprised she had it. She wasn't terribly familiar with Asian people...or people in general, for that matter...but she was fairly certain that this woman was Japanese or something close to it, and 'Katie' wasn't a Japanese name by any stretch. Still, weird as it was, this woman was being polite and she didn't have any reason to be rude back. She managed a smile as she came out of the stance. Might as well talk, it wasn't like she was getting anywhere productive.

Her eyes widened as Katie started to say something that sounded a little harsh, but she cut herself off. Lore could hazard a guess what it would have been about, though: Her piss-poor form. Sure enough, when Katie gathered herself, that's what she spoke on.

"Well." Lore dug her foot into the mat, twisting her heel around. "I don't, usually. Train, that is. I mean, I don't really have any style or anything, but I thought, you know? I could try?"

God, it sounded stupid when she said it out loud.

"I don't know. I fought someone who..." She reached over and shut the book. "It's stupid, I know."

acuya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 21, 2014 8:44 am

"Stupid? What that book is trying to teach you got me through my grandmother's funeral, through childhood. I--."

An ache shot up Kat's throat like a long needle. Swallowing just made it worse. The last thing she wanted to do just then was break down in front of her rival--again. Somehow that had turned briefly into a battle of keeping-the-stance discipline.

"...I spoke out of turn. Forgive me." She bowed, low and quick. "But you should know that there are people who spend their whole lives training and teaching martial arts. My mentors, people I respect and would defend, are some of them. What they do is not stupid."

"--I hope to be such an artist myself someday. Anyway." Kat had been speaking very quickly. She slowed down enough to breathe now. "Why do you say it's stupid, anyway? You could use the... Flexibility. I guess."

Was it awkward, strange, having a conversation like this in the gym, with an ostensible stranger? Oh yes. It violated every rule of propriety, and the part of Katsuko that cared for such things was tearing at her hair. But since the match, that once-dominant part had been growing increasingly small.

Last edited by 12607 on Wed May 21, 2014 9:09 am; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by acuya on Wed May 21, 2014 4:57 pm

And she'd offended her. Of course, she did.

Lore sighed and probably did more than a little blushing, looking off to the side as Katie laid into her. "No, no, no - I mean, yes, I respect all that, that wasn't what I was saying. I mean, it's stupid for me to even be trying this. Look."

She tried go into the back stance, the same one that masked woman had done to such great effect...she couldn't even manage that, stumbling through, leaning from side to side. Her foot placement was off. Her arms were off. Everything was off, she just couldn't tell how much off.

"I didn't mean to insult you or anything, this sort of thing is great if you know how to use it. I just don't. Or can't." She stood back up, straight. Or as straight as she ever got. Hunching a bit. "And I'm sorry about your grandmother. Um. Yeah." That felt like the right thing to say.

acuya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:16 pm

"Oh that was forever ago," Katsuko muttered, brushing off mention of her grandmother as quickly as possible. She felt embarrassed to have mentioned the issue at all.

She had never been close to the old lady, but she had known and loved her grandfather very well. He had been the one shaken by the loss--and he'd been the one to introduce her to her now-mature fighting style. They'd grown up together, she through childhood and adolescence, and he into a widower's retirement.

So no, grandmother held no lasting barbs in Katsuko. She'd gotten over what little there was to get over.

What she had not gotten over was the way Wild Thing so easily overturned the style her grandfather had given her, using nothing but sheer earthy talent and a fuck-off attitude, as if the practice of her life and indeed her family was just so much arrogant snobbery.

It made it worse to see just how unskilled her one-time opponent had been.

"If I may say so," Katsuko sighed, sounding almost as dejected as she felt, "You're not going to be able to achieve any of these stances with your posture so um... poor."

There was no other word for it.

"I know it sounds silly, Wild Thing, but the first step really is to learn how to breathe. How to center your body and straighten your back so that your diaphragm can reach its full range of motion. It centers you and gives you balance--which stops all this wobbling you're so prone to."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top